Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Skin I Live In (La Piel Que Habito)

I had the opportunity yesterday to be invited to the premiere of Pedro Almodovar's movie La Piel Que Habito, (The Skin I Live In) at the Onassis Foundation in Athens. It was the first time visiting the premises and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.
The movie was opened by Jan Carnet who played Vincente and the movie was in fact fantastic!
The opening scene is a shot of Toledo which looks absolutely magical only to drop you into a very twisted and mysterious story about a gifted plastic surgeon (Antonio Banderas) who has used this boy as a guinea pig to create this woman. The imagination of the director is truly a gift, as he has managed to execute it on screen so artsitically.
The Skin I Live In

1 comment:

  1. If you liked The Skin I Live In, you should definitely watch some of Almodovar's other films. Maybe start with Talk To Her and Bad Education. They're not his best films, but they're in the same sort of vein as this one. I'm not his biggest fan, but he does make beautiful looking films.

    ReplyDelete